Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

On the road again

I have started yet another website, which was the point of this class. Unlike the others, this time I have mapped out a plan, a method to the madness from which I can create an editorial calendar. As I worked on the assignments and read the updated blog post in regards to Site Design, I realized how fast technology can move. Something as simple as a circular photo of you instead of a square one makes a big difference. I hunted for several days for the correct WordPress theme to use and was amazed at the amount of technology already built into the themes, even the free ones. I was able to load a theme upload a photo (only after turning it into a circle in Photoshop) type some text and it was ready to go.
The theme even came with built-in social media icons, all I had to do was fill in the fields with my user information and up came the icons. I remember having to spend hours trying to get the dang HTML right in order to have social media buttons.
I am grateful for the updated technology, it should allow me to spend more time focusing on a business instead of having to learn new technology.

P.S. if you don't know what Grammarly is I suggest you go find out! How have I lived without it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails