Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Don't wait for perfect

My biggest resistance to creating is perfection. I've read book after book by Pressfield and Godin trying to figure out why I can't make my business ideas grow. I have no problems with the ideas or the start up but the publishing is always what gets me. If it were up to me I wouldn't have published the site just yet, but it is due on Saturday and because of other responsibilities all of my homework needs to always be turned in by Thursday night. So I have published ModestEveSewingStudio.com

I had started this course so that I could improve my current website, which I am also doing, but working through the homework assignments in this class I was able to resolve a conflict that I had which was that I did not want a blog on my Business site, but I wanted a blog to be able to help people learn to sew. During the "finding a business" assignment, I realized that they could be separate entities. I also had not ever considered monetizing a site to the extent that I have planned to do with the new site just created. I knew of the income possibilities but I didn't want to mix that with my business brand site. I am excited to say that it feels right and because it feels right, it doesn't have to be perfect. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails