Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Endure

I have a note on my phone that I put there a very long time ago. It says Endure=Beyond the point when it would seem reasonable to quit. I don't know if that is the actual definition of the word endure, but someone during a stake conference said it and I wrote it down and never forgot it.
This weeks reading assignments all seem to have the theme of Persevering. The first talk by Elder Faust was title Perseverance. He states "Perseverance is demonstrated by those who keep going when the going gets tough, who don't give up even when others say "it can't be done."
I had always heard that it takes 10,000 hours to master a skill but never broke down the math into 3 hours a day every day for 10 years.
I enjoyed the address by Jeff Sandefer, A Hero's Journey. Parts had been quoted previously, but hearing the entire talk from start to finish is very inspiring. I am a list person, I have more ongoing to-do lists than any person should have. I literally now have another To Do list one that is going to replace a few of my previous ones. The guidance, direction and detailed action steps that can be pulled from this talk is a wealth of knowledge and sound advice.
My favorite is "focus and become an expert"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails