Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

We will always Remember!

There are days in my life when I feel my sacrifices have been many. Then there are days like today, when I realize that I haven't sacrificed much at all. Raising kids by yourself while your partner is gone for 6 to 9 months out of the year, sleepless nights because you forgot to turn off the TV before the news came on. Nightmare about the worst possible things that can happen to your active military family members. These are not sacrifices they are just a part of military life.

It is days like these that I remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, there lives. Those family member that have had to endure the end of a young person's life, the end of the life of there spouse or child. They are the one's I remember on these days.


I am greatfull that my husband was able to retire from the US Navy after 22 years, as crazy as he may be now - He still has his life. I am trully greatfull that Michael God willing in Nov when he gets back will have endured two long tour's of Duty in Iraq.



I am trully greatfull this day, as I Remember.

Sonia

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails