Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cochenille Design Retreat - Susan Lazear workshop

Saturday the 20th, I slept good and woke up. I realized were I was. The Ocean, it's there. It wasn't there yesterday. (well I'm sure it was, but I didn't see it)



We were at the beatiful Carlsbad INN in Carlsbad, CA. It was amazing.

Susan has always been a great motivator. Makes you feel like you can do anything. She always starts her classes with a Creative exersice. On Saturday she seperated the group into 3 smaller groups, and asked them to spell out a word with there bodies. (I don't remember if she said 'creative' word)They came up with some interesting body shapes.



Susan Lazear taught her all day workshop. "On the Surface: Color it. . " and color it they did.



They did iron transfer's, created stamps with potatoes, linolium, leaves, and anything else that had a raised surface. They tie-dyed, and stenciled. Susan also taught a really cool marbling techinque with the jacquard inks, and shaving cream.





I think everyone one was happy, glad to be there and most of all inspired. Thank you ladies!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails