Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

New to me Serger

I bought my serger when I was pregnant with my daughter and I was doing a lot of sewing. It has made projects go fast. It has saved a lot of my knit pants from the rag bin. It has given me lots and lots of years of good service.



My daughter is in her 2nd semester in college and my poor little serger is ready to retire, well maybe I am going to take it in and see if they can fix it. I don't want to get my hopes up since I paid less than $200 for this little serger, sometimes it's just not worth it to fix things. The poor thing starts to smell like burning rubber after a few quick bursts of the power peddle. Towards the end the poor thing would bounce all over the place, so my husband build it a wood retaining wall!



So now I have this little serger to replace it - It has come to me all the way from Canada. Susan Lazear my boss has graciously brought it all the way here just for me.


This is her serger from when she started sewing. I'm greatful to have it. It serges beautifully! Now I can finish a few projects that have just been sitting. A couple of which are sample skirts for Cochenille's Easy 7 Skirt book!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails