Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Christmas Wreath

We have had the same Christmas wreath for over 10 years. On the day after Thanksgiving when we pull out all the Christmas ornaments and go buy a tree, I noticed it was missing. I asked my husband what had happened to it. The decorations are stored in the garage, which is his area, so only he would know where it would have gone.

His response: "you mean the ball of wires with green twigs hanging from it?" Yes honey that one. "I thought it was trash I through it away the last time I organized the garage."

Interesting, now I have to make one. So what does one do in this day and age to find inspiration? Well you go to Pinterest of course!

Here's what I found for inspiration, plus I found a tip that you could use foam tubing from a home improvement store instead of having to pay $5 and up for a circle form at the craft store.



This is what I came up with, I'm ok with it, except, I have a feeling I'm going to give this one away, and make another one with a thicker foam circle. The tube I bought was just way to thin.



Or maybe the circle just needs to be smaller. Not sure, but what I am sure of is that this one isn't getting put away with the Christmas stuff until I figure out how to make it pop.

~Sonia Barton

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails