Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Hand sewn gifts for my nephews...

I have 5 nephews. My brother beto has two boys, my brother roy has two boys and my sister monica has one boy. As many of you know there have been hard financial times around here, just like every where else. So a couple Christmas's ago I decide to start making Handmade gifts for everyone. Works out just fine, I have a fabric and yarn stash that can last me for several decades of Christmas gifts. It doesn't help that I don't stop buying fabric and yarn.

I have come to the conclusion that sewing for boys is hard. Not hard as in the sewing is hard, but hard as in What the heck do I sew for boys. Plus the oldest of the 5 boys is now 10 years old, we actually had a conversation about BO when I went to drop off his gift. So needless to say they are older boys.

I was grateful when I came across this blogpost from noodlehead:

A tutorial on how to make a basic boys wallet, She went all out and added pieces of leather and grommets. Feel free to visit her site and check out the tutorial, it was very well written.

Here are the one's I came up with:




I'll show you what I made for my nieces tomorrow.

2 comments:

Taxreformer said...

Oh, Sonia! They look SO good! I love the colors you chose. And yes. Sewing is probably hard for boys... I never have met a boy in person who likes to sew...
It's also hard for girls, though, too! I am so not a seamstress...

Sonia Valdez said...

Thank you, The boys really liked their gifts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails