Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Egyptian Tile Pendants

Some of you might remember my post earlier this year Scrabble Tile Fever. Well, I've been trying to get some good one's. The first few I did I didn't like because I didn't use what the Tutorial suggest the Diamond Glaze because I couldn't find it in the local stores. So I used 'Triple Thick Gloss Glaze' if you get it to thick it doesn't dry, it stays tacky, not good for jewelry.

So I ordered the Diamond Glaze on line and was patient and waited for it in the mail. I was ok with the Diamond glaze if you used the right amount it would dry and set. But for some reason it still didn't give me a good finished look.


So I jumped in and bought some of the toxic stuff, yes I was trying to avoid killing the planet, but I just couldn't help it, it looks a million times better.

My daughter had the idea of making Scrabble Tile Pendants that would have an Egyptian Hieroglyphic of the letter. Crazy me I said "I can do that". So I set off to research and draw and digitize the Egyptian Alphabet. I found about 5 different versions of the Egyptian Alphabet, so I pull a bit from here and a bit from there and made sure it didn't contradict with Egyptian History and culture books.

Yesterday in the wee a hours of the morning I finished this:

You can visit her blog NoBo and view what each symbol is and what it means in reference to a persons personality. She's just getting started with her blog.

And my daughter and I did these:






She is slowly putting them up for sales in her Etsy Jewelry shop:

7 comments:

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

they turned out really pretty, love them. So easy to make too.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

I just realized, you're not too far from me. I went to college in San Marcos. funny, I never realized how close on the map we were.

Sonia Valdez said...

Thank you Maria. They are really easy.

Yeah we are really close - I drive to Downtown LA for fabric a couple Saturdays a month.

Mimi N said...

Those are awesome! Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do and go for the toxic stuff! I won a Scrabble Star Wars tile for my daughter for her bday last year from someone. =)

~Mimi from SITS

Sonia Valdez said...

@Bigguysmama - Thank you, How fun to win something for your daughter and on her Bday.

Jenn Erickson said...

I love these!

Sonia Valdez said...

Thank you Jenn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails