Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Easy fabric Covered Buttons

Are you like me and have a hard time finding buttons to match your project? Then make one. It is super easy to make fabric covered buttons.

Buy the findings in any craft/fabric store. I like the large size for my bags.

















The kit comes with all the supplies you need to make the buttons except the fabric, of course.

Tip: I also use a small amount of fabric glue, it makes it a lot easier to keep the fabric from sliding on the metal, then you don't have to keep worrying if you have the image where you want it.

So first cut a piece of fabric with enough fabric to wrap around the button. I always guess and go big and it doesn't have to be perfect it all gets hidden with the button back.

Put some glue on the center of the button.



Put your fabric in place and start folding the fabric back.



Put the back on with the tools provided, or if you lost your tools use a hammer but don't hit it to hard, sometimes depending on the thickness of the fabric you can generate enough pressure with your hands to snap it on.



Easy, Easy buttons!

6 comments:

Jenn Erickson said...

I love fabric covered buttons! Great tutorial! I shared this post with my FB readers. Thanks Sonia! Best, Jenn

Unknown said...

I love this! I remember making these buttons as a child. The sell them in the scrapbook stores but now I can make my own. I always love being able to do it myself :)

Sonia Valdez said...

@Jenn - Thank you, Your awesome.

Sonia Valdez said...

@Tammy - How do you make your own fabric buttons without the findings?

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

LOVE this! Seriously, these are my favorite!

c.w.frosting said...

Thanks for sharing! I always wondered how people made fabric covered buttons! Visiting from SITS.

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails