Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Scrabble Tile Fever

I love having all my stuff out on tables. The different tables are no longer in one room, But everything is out! I've been sewing since I moved here - taught a few sewing classes. I pulled out all my scrapbooking stuff and made a nice but very late Birthday card!

And yesterday I made Scrabble Tile Pendents (well mine aren't made with scrabble tiles but same concept). So now I've used the beading table



- the only one left to use is the Knitting Machine table - that one's next I've got a skirt project planned!!!

I have been watching the Scrabble Tile Pendent craze get really crazy there are tons of people selling there own versions of them on the internet. I almost bought a few but didn't because I have that 'I can make that' disease - we all know it. You look at something you really like and you don't buy it because you 'know you can make it'.

Well I finally got around to making it. I gave myself a little push by purchasing a tutorial from Littleputbooks on etsy. I tend to do that when I really want to get something done. I'll buy a part of or a piece of the item that I want to make and that allows me to put that item on the top of my 'to do' pile. And know that I have 5 desks with 5 different purposes I'm finding that I'm doing things that I hadn't made time to do in the past. The process of making things also goes a lot faster, with everything out in the open and in one general area!!!

I'm really glad I now have the room to organize myself in such a manner!


Here are my first couple of Pendants:



Not to bad for my first try!!! The Egyptian one was the first one - It doesn't have enough Diamond Glaze I was scared it was going to run off the side of the wood tile. The 2nd one came out perfect!

2 comments:

Debbie's L'Bri said...

using the tiles is a cute idea. Can you buy the tiles or do you have to buy old scrabble games. It is one of my favorite games, I would not want to use the tiles from my game.

Sonia Valdez said...

@Debbie - you can buy scrabble tiles - you can buy them direct from the manufactures as replacement tiles, or there are all kinds of people selling them online because they became so popular to use for the pendants.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails