Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

I bought Make up..

I haven't purchased Make up in over 20 years. On the few occasions that I did wear make up..my first wedding, my second wedding, my temple sealing, my college graduation (A.S. in Fashion Design), my little sister's wedding, and a couple more very important occasions I currently can't remember. I borrowed the make up, either from my daughter or my little sister.

Since I have decided that my blog needs a header, I scheduled a photo shoot with a very wonderful friend and photographer. Then I looked in the mirror, and all I could think is 'Man when did I get OLD?'

There is no way this photo shoot is going to be 'Natural' like the rest of my pictures and a few other professional pictures. I have bags under my eyes - where the heck did those come from. The really odd thing it looks like they've been there for a while. Why the heck didn't anyone tell me. I know I'm scary but please if I have toilet paper hanging out of my pants, I'm not going to get mad if you tell me, I do.

I used to do some non-professional runway modeling in High School, JCPenny needs you that kind of stuff...so I had make up. And try as I might, I could not remember what brand I used to use. So I went with my Mom's tried and true Lancome. There was also no way I was going to try and figure out my base color, I'd be there all year.. getting older. So I sat at the Macy's counter and a wonderful lady put my face on for me.


My husband was so impressed he didn't blink an eye when he handed over his Macy's credit card, for a total of $200+. Now that's impressive, I didn't realize even my husband thought there was a massive difference.

My only problem is that if I start wearing it on a daily bases, I'm going to have to wear it every day. If I don't I'm going to start getting the 'do you feel good?' 'are you ok?' kind of questions we ask people when they look like they just got run over by a truck. I'm not really sure how much time and money I want to give up, to slow down the aging process, what do you think, about all this??

3 comments:

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

I guess we must be going through the same things, you and I. I often wonder how my wrinkles just suddenly appear on my face! and my nose just seems to be getting bigger and bigger, haha. But now, at forty, I know we must spend some time and lots of money to take care of our skin. Maybe when I'm sixty it won't matter as much but I know that right now, it matters a lot.

Funny about your husband. My husband gets sticker shock every time he goes with me when I stock up. But I KNOW for a fact, he prefers to see his wife all dressed pretty with make up on, even though he doesn't have a clue what foundation or blush or mascara are, lol.

Sonia Valdez said...

Maria,

We do seem to be very much a like, I think it has to do with our age and culture. My father wouldn't let me wear make up until I was 16. Then when I finally go to wear it, it was like 'I don't really want to do this every day' And now like you say - we have to.

This growing old, is going to take some getting used to LOL

Delishhh said...

This is a hard balance. I try to stick to the 5 minute make up. If i am going out for dinner i will spend more time. But work work it's 5 minutes and those 5 minutes make be feel better about myself so they are worth it. So what ever makes you feel better do it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails