Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

My focus & a Wedding Dress

I seem to be having an identity crisis. I never thought I would be where I am at 40 years old. I've been feeling a bit trapped. My truck keeps braking down and I never thought I would be in a situation were I'm having to figure out the bus schedule, because I have no money or recourses to fix what needed fixing.

Lots of flat out wrong decisions and some not so good one's on my part and the part of those around me have landed us here.

I don't like the feeling of being trapped, I run out screaming. Literally, I've had a truck since my senior year of High School and more than once I've put everything I owned in the back of it and disappeared, just moved on. I can't do that this time, it would be irresponsible, not that it wasn't before, but this time it really really would be.

So I have decided to decide Who I am! and What I want to be! I think I lost my path a while back, and I'm getting back to it. I printed off the local Community College Spring course catalogue and have chosen a few classes. I'm going to meet with a counselor and see what needs to be done to move on to the local University and get my Bachelors Degree, and then start hiding some money to move back to San Diego or maybe Los Angeles (my family doesn't like LA) and continue with a Textile or Fashion Degree.

I want to have a Fashion line to specialize in Modest Wedding and Formal Attire! I was on that path once, and then lost that focus. I'm getting on that path again.

Here is a dress a did a few years ago - that I just found the pictures to. 6 years ago I was doing at least one dress a month. I want to get back to that. It gives me Joy!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

You can do it! I admire you! I am wanting to get my photography biz going, but when it gets too hard, I get discouraged! I have to keep at it!!! You have amazing talent and there is a need for this out there... so go for it!!!!

Sonia Valdez said...

@Jenn - Thank you. It's easy to get discouraged, and move on to something else - I think that's what I did. Bad choice.

I need to talk to you about some Photography - First Monica needs a good Christmas Card Family Photo. I'm going to find your email right now - since you don't have it attached to your Blogger account.

Unknown said...

I know this is something that is much needed. It is terrible what young girls have to go through to get a modest wedding dress. They spend hundreds on the dress only to come home and have to spend hours "adding to" inorder to make it modest. I hope you pursue this area and maybe even do a complete modest clothing line for those of us who are sewing challenges ;)

scrapwordsmom said...

Wow, I just read what your goal is and I love it and I admire you!!! We NEED modest wedding attire and even prom attire. Maybe you can design those, too!!

Thank you for stopping by Words of Me and taking the time to comment. Means so much!!

Have a wonderful day:)

Jenn Erickson said...

Sonia, it sounds like you have a great plan, and the smarts, drive, and talent to achieve your dreams!

CK said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails