Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

San Diego Mesa College Fashion Show



Every year I have the privilege to attend the San Diego Mesa College Fashion show that happens in May. It's a wonderful event. This year I was able to take my daughter the budding photographer. She did a great job with the pictures. There is always a Silent Auction before the show, there were some great things but the best was a package from Zandra Rhodes - There were 3 illustrations of her designs that were used in the Magic Flute at the San Diego Opera and a hand painted and autographed scarf. I didn't see how much it sold for, but it was more than I could pay when I walk by it.


At Mesa college one of the first required classes is Appeal construction and the first project in that class is a girls toddler size dress, everyone does one. It creates great fun at the fashion show.


Something new this year was the addition of two dance numbers by the Mesa College Dance group, they were great.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails