Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cover for Dress Form

I picked my dress form out of a dumpster a long time ago. She was missing her legs, which I fixed quickly I just put her on a stool and she became the perfect height also strong enough to hold the heavy wedding gowns. 


When I picked her up I just figured I would sew her some very tight fitting clothes. Well here we are more than a decade later and she finally has her first outfit.

I took her measurements:



Entered them in Garment Designer:



Brought up a contoured style, and then moved all of my points in to mimic the sloper. I had bought a stretch knit fabric, so I needed no ease.



Printed it out, sewed up my seams on the serger and Voila she has her first outfit!



I need to make a circle pattern piece to cover up the armholes. I'm not going to worry about finding her some legs because I don't think I'm going to find anything stronger than the stool to be able to hold up the heavy wedding dresses.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

So envious of your craftiness!

Sonia Barton said...

Andrea - I learned from the best books, and have the right tools. I'm a shortcut type girl. There is no way I would have pattern drafted that by hand. LOL

Wendys Hat said...

She turned out perfect! Wish I could find one in the garbage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails