Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011


Ultimate Blog Party 2011

Welcome! I am Sonia Barton - I write about my all over the place life as an all over the place crafter. I have yet to meet a crafter that only does one craft, or a crafter that doesn't like to learn other crafts.

I have a degree in Fashion Design with which I started a business doing Modest Bridalwear. I also lead a monthly sewing group, So there are a lot of sewing posts. Showing my work and the work of others.

My Sister Monica and I have an Etsy shop were we put up for sale some of the stuff we sew. I also have an Etsy shop where I sell patterns that I have created for beginning sewer's, fully illustrated. I will be doing 2 Etsy Shop Feature/Review/Giveaways a month. Email me if you would like to be included.

I also Knit, Scrapbook, Bead & Quilt. I have returned to school to get a BA in Arts. I am Married to a crafty husband, he is retired US Navy, I have a 26 year old son who is in the Army, a 22 year old son who works on an oil rig in OK and a 19 year old daughter who is a Sophomore at the local Community college.

Feel free to look around, I hope the Navigation bar makes it easier to find things and feel free to enter my current Etsy shop Feature and Giveaway to Tot.Ful Mem.o.ries

12 comments:

super single mom and her side kids said...

Sonia, I found your blog via Blog Frog and I love it! I love your header!

Melanie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I am going to go and check out your patterns in your shop right now! I am an all over the place crafter as well!

Melanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com

Sonia Valdez said...

Thank you ladies I'm enjoying the Blog Party, found some wonderful Blogs I don't think I would have ever run across.

Amber @ Luv and Laughter said...

I've been following your blog for a few weeks now, but stopping by from the UBP 11. I love the blog.

Amber @ luvlaughterhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

this is a huge party, I was on it last year, it was a lot of fun. I didn't realize it was that time of year already, whew time flies.

Rachel said...

The wedding dress in your header is gorgeous!! Cheers from UBP

Lena B said...

Hello! Love your blog and will "Follow" it. Find me at www.way2goodlife.com
P.S. Also if you can find a minute and vote for me as elenka29 here http://www.mamavation.com/2011/03/vote-for-mamavation-mom-3.html
(it's a competition to get into fitness bootcamp for moms. There is no registration - just click and submit). Looking forward to reading more of your posts

Sonia Valdez said...

Thank you ladies!

Rachel - that is a wedding dress I made for my little sister almost 7 years ago, I had it put away and pulled it out for the photo shoot, it was nice to have it available.

CK said...

This is a great sum-up! I loved reading it! But you forgot to mention that you are ONE OF THE COOLEST BLOGGERS and SEAMSTRESSES (and artists ;)) EVER!

Sonia Valdez said...

@CK- Aaawww, Aren't you sweet! Thank you.

PatriciaD said...

Oh, my, I missed this during the Blog Party but there is NO WAY you have a 26 year old son...just no way. I just knew you had to be a mom of really young kids.

What's really funny is people say that about my mom all the time. She is 70 and people think she's my sister. Literally!!!

Sonia Valdez said...

@Pat - I am 40 (41 in August) the 26 year old is a step son. He was 10 when my husband and I got married and he's been with us ever since, his brother the 22 year old went back and forth between his mom and us. But Michael never did. I only had one my daughter, she is turning 20 in a couple of weeks. No young kids just the niece and nephew that come over almost every day.

But I know the feeling my mother is 63 and there is no way they think she is my mother. So if I look young imagine how much younger than her actual age she looks.

I just hope the looking young lasts hehehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails