Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Creative Jean patch

I have a pair of blue jeans that are so 'holy' they are ready for the Celestial kingdom. I love this pair of jeans, they fit perfect, they look snug but I can move in them. More important I can eat in them!

I've had them for a while so it was that acid washed look that has small worn out sections. Well my small worn out sections turned into big holes.

Then I remembered my '80's pants that has fabric behind the holes. So I let the holes grow and grow until they got to a nice size that you could see the fabric underneath.



I cut a piece of fabric at least an inch bigger than the hole all the way around.



I finished off the edges of the fabric so they won't fray. I serged them but you can do either a straight stitch or a zig zag stitch all the way around if you don't have a serger.



I seam ripped the side leg of the pant, so that I could be able to sew around the hole more easily.



I pinned the fabric in place just were I wanted it, and sewed around it.


If you have little boys you can put some cars fabric or take them to the store and let them pick out there own fabric. Or you can extend the life of your own jeans. I love mine and I'll be wearing them until they fall apart.



2 comments:

CK said...

Haha, I LOVE the way you patched these!!!!! They turned out AWESOME!

Sonia Valdez said...

Thank you CK for all the comment love and your support.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails