Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Barbie clothes Gift for my Nieces

Growing up I loved all things Barbie. I remember wanting a Barbie house, I had a couple of Barbies and a plastic Barbie suitcase that fit the Barbie and her clothes, with these tiny hangers. I never did get a Barbie dollhouse it was to expensive. My father did buy me a cardboard Strawberry Shortcake doll house for Christmas one year, it didn't last very long. The Barbies could only sit in the rooms of the cardboard house.

I passed along the love of all things Barbie to my daughter, and I have a feeling I might be doing the same thing to my nieces.

My handmade gift to my nieces this year was Barbie clothes. Awhile ago The Crafty Mummy posted a link of a pattern she tested for The Craft Barn. And I'm not one to reinvent the wheel, I do change it most of the time, but if I can avoid it I hardly ever start from scratch to learn something.

I had never sewn Barbie clothes before, and knew because of the small scale there had to be a different construction process to the sewing of Barbie clothes. Tonya gave it a great review so I bought the pattern.

It worked out great, wonderfully written with step by step photographs, no guess work as to what comes next, or how did they get there. Well worth the 4 bucks.

I only did the peasant blouse, the skirt and the pants. I wanted to keep them modest. But the pattern also comes with a Shirred dress and Tube Top pattern.




Thank you all for visiting here. I hope you all have a Happy New Year.

~Sonia Barton

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails